[logon] Error when using LKB/Logon on Fedora 20 64-Bit

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Mon Oct 13 21:19:04 CEST 2014

hi again,

i am afraid, i have no good theory why it should make a difference
whether the grammar loading is initiated from the GUI or the command
prompt.  i assume in all cases you have loaded the same ‘script’ file,
right?

from the trace you sent, it appears the system was in the process of
reporting an error from loading the grammar.  this should not cause
the behavior you get, of course, but i also wonder why there should
occur an error during the grammar loading?

are you actually running the 64-bit version of the LKB?  could you (at
the Lisp prompt) evaluate the following and email me the result:

  (pprint *features*)

from what we see so far, i have no reason to suspect a lack of 32-bit
compatibility libraries.  but, just in case, here is a report i
received earlier this year about required 32-bit libraries on Fedora
20:

> [...] installing glibc.i686, libXext.i686, and fontconfig.i686 gave me an error free startup.

best wishes, oe