[logon] forthcoming revision of [incr tsdb()] database schema

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sun Mar 31 11:29:51 CEST 2013

dear LOGON co-developers and users,

over the past few weeks, i finally completed and validated (to some
degree) the extensions to the [incr tsdb()] database schema that i
had announced last fall (see below).

as always, when the database schema changes, all skeletons will
need to be updated, as [incr tsdb()] will read old profiles but will
refuse to write to any revision of the database schema than the
current one.

for skeletons that are part of the LOGON tree, i have applied the
update.  for anyone with local skeletons, you will have to do this
yourselves.  this time, the update is simple: just copy in the new
‘relations’ file into each skeleton directory.  the latest version of
the master ‘relations’ file is available in the LOGON tree as

  lingo/lkb/src/tsdb/skeletons/english/Relations

i would like to encourage all LOGON users to ‘make update’ in
their $LOGONROOT directory and, if need be, also make sure
to copy the new ‘relations’ file (which should have 9746 bytes)
into your local skeletons.  please test typical use patterns and
let me know in case you notice something surprising.

—unrelated to the update of the database schema, please note
that i have just updated the LOGON tree with regards to which
version of the ERG is included by default: ‘lingo/erg/’ points to
the near-final 1212 release candidate of the ERG now.

happy easter!  oe