[logon] preparing for another LOGON snapshot: Barcelona

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Fri May 22 03:28:25 CEST 2009

G'day,

> as mentioned on the DELPH-IN `developers' list today, i would suggest
> that we jointly produce another tagged LOGON snapshot, i.e. a release
> of the complete tree than can serve as a stable point of reference for
> users.  the last such snapshot (HandOn) is getting out of date, and i
> would like to aim for at least one release each year, synchronized to
> the annual summit.

Great idea.   I will try to have an up-to-date  Jacy, JaEn, maybe EnJa.

I will probably also have KoJa and JaKo as well as an EnEn paraphrase
system ready by then. Are we aiming to be an inclusive release?  If so
I will bundle them up too.

> besides aiming to have code and grammars up-to-date, what other changes
> would people like to see in the next LOGON release?

Probable:
 * LexTypeDB
 * Useful unknown word handling

WishList:
 * Simple translation server interface
 * Support for Steel Bank Common Lisp :-).

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group