[logon] Latest public logon

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:31:48 CEST 2009

G'day,

2009/5/11 Stephan Oepen <oe at ifi.uio.no>:
>> I tried svn.emmtee.net/trunk but this asks for a password.  Is handon
>> the only version with anonymous (svn) download?
>
> the intention is for the trunk to be world-readable.  i just confirmed
> that
>
>  svn co http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk logon
>
> works without authentication.  so i suspect something is weird in your
> SVN setup?  maybe try as a fresh user (which is what i did)?

I can only test https, and it is definitely asking for authentication.

svn co https://svn.emmtee.net/trunk logon
Error validating server certificate for 'https://svn.emmtee.net:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: svn.emmtee.net
 - Valid: from Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:10:49 GMT until Tue, 01 Jan 2013 08:10:49 GMT
 - Issuer: Language Technology Research Group, Universitetet i Oslo,
Oslo, Berkshire, NO
 - Fingerprint: f3:36:0b:ca:30:31:d9:1d:fe:1b:5d:e8:05:36:b7:96:5e:ba:fd:c0
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
Authentication realm: <https://svn.emmtee.net:443> LOGON SubVersioN Repository
Password for 'bond':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.emmtee.net:443> LOGON SubVersioN Repository
Username:
Password for '':
Authentication realm: <https://svn.emmtee.net:443> LOGON SubVersioN Repository

This is on a new machine where I have never used subversion before.

Could we perhaps set up an explicit "anonymous" account?

>> Or should we use the logon install script to get the latest version
>> via ftp?
>
> the only distribution method for LOGON is via SVN.  the `etc/install'
> script that i suspect you noticed was a left-over from earlier days; i
> deleted it just now.

Then I am glad we didn't use it.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>