[logon] HandOn release schedule

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:14:13 CET 2008

G'day,

> so, when i now (with an up-to-date SVN tree) do
>
>  $LOGONROOT/batch --binary --jaen mrs
>
> then the `result' relation contains valid :ascore values.  truncated to
> a single digit, still, but i believe moving to `mcheap' will fix that.
> would you agree to me switching the :jacy cpu definition over now?

Thanks.  I can confirm that I get those here (to one digit precision).

>> I also note that for jacy it is always null ((:ASCORE)), even though I
>> load a parsing model.
>
> that is too little information.  i assume while parsing with JACY, but
> which parser, and how is it invoked?  i suspect you are looking at the
> LKB here?  remember that parse selection in the LKB is only active for
> packing mode, with selective unpacking, and running in [incr tsdb()].
> effectively, the [incr tsdb()] wrapper around the LKB parser calls the
> selective unpacker, which in turn calls *unpacking-scoring-hook*.  the
> old `dfki/jacy.lisp' client definition seems to activate all that, but
> there currently is no cpu definition to use that for parsing; would you
> like me to add a cpu :jacy at lkb for this purpose?

I had actually tested both Jacy in the main tsdb and as a sub cpu, I
had made my own definition locally, but was reading  an older script.
Could you please add a  :jacy at lkb cpu?  I occasionally want to use the
lkb in batch mode for parsing (mainly as a compatibility check).

Slowly squashing the bugs!

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group