[logon] Problem running LOGON on Ubuntu 8.10 x86_64

Berthold Crysmann crysmann at ifk.uni-bonn.de
Fri Nov 21 09:38:30 CET 2008

Dear all,

we are experiencing problems running LOGON on Ubuntu 8.10. I include the
logs.

I suspect it may have something to do with font setup, since the same
problem occurs, if the Ubuntu machine serves as an X display for LOGON
running on a Fedora 8 machine (which, BTW, does not have this problem).
Any help would be appreciated.

Standard Ubuntu installations appear not to include the standard bitmap
X11 fonts. However, we have installed these already, and the fonts
appear in the font selection chooser.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Berthold

--
PD Dr. Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at ifk.uni-bonn.de>
U Bonn - IfK - Abteilung Sprache und Kommunikation