[logon] Mysterious problem with regexps in transfer rules

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:08:27 CET 2008

G'day,

>> So that was why the following (in my snug) doesn't match.
>>
>> _d_ditch_ef := elision_mtr &
>> [ INPUT.RELS < [ PRED "~^ja:.*_d_" ] > ].
>>
>> I need to move it into the non-filtered, post-transfer accommodation,
>> where it works.
>
> i fail to see how the pre-transfer input filter should prevent a rule
> from matching?  if anything, it would prevent transfer completely, and
> give the `unknown transfer predicate' error.
>
> but, as for the rule above, should it not just be "~^ja:.*_d_rel", or
> maybe "~^ja:.*_d_.*"?

Then I am not sure why it wasn't matching.  However it wasn't, and
moving into post-transfer accommodation it did!

I don't care what follows the _d_, so "~^ja:.*_d_" is the shortest
possible match.  In practice, there is always at least one more
character, so "~^ja:.*_d_.*" is equivalent, but I don't see I gain
anything by matching more.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group