[osmt] mle/412: robustness to reconstruction errors

oe at csli.stanford.edu oe at csli.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 15 21:30:43 CET 2006

>Number:         412
>Notify-List:    osmt at emmtee.net
>Category:       mle
>Synopsis:       robustness to reconstruction errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
while creating the feature cache, it must not be the case that items are
entered into the cache for which individual derivations failed to rebuild.
otherwise, there will be a mis-match of events vs. results downstream, and
the reading-in of scores and everything gets confused.  i think the best
thing we can do in the light of mismatches between the treebank and the
grammar is ignore complete items (and complain bitterly, this should not
happen in principle).